A Home Builder and Woodworker residing in Cameron Park, California

A site showcasing my work from home building, to woodworking, to many other projects. Look around and leave a comment if you feel like doing so, they are appreciated. If you live in Northern California and are looking to have something done along the lines of what you see in the pictures, let me know. I would love to help.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Work @ Mom's

Here is what she wanted for her Laundry room. Very bold. The idea is to put silver metal baskets in the cabinets. There are monster drawers below measuring 18"h x 3'w x 2' d. Still need handles in the pictures.
I gutted the room. Ripped out the carpet. Tiled the floor, built the tables and cabinets and painted everything.
I liked her idea of a magnet-board which you can barely see in the picture above. I just bought a 3' x 4' piece of sheet metal, built a frame and painted it. It'll work nice to put pictures and reminders there. This room will double as a sewing and craft room.
Nice and bright!!!
She really hasn't liked having All white walls, trim, doors and carpet so here was the solution to the family room.
This magazine rack was part of the solution to finding an attractive way to fill an open space between the family room and kitchen without completely closing off the view. See below for more...
Open backed shelving above with more kitchen storage below.
This was a fun build. I designed it as I went along and as it took shape, I kinda liked it. What do you think?
Here was the before pic...much cleaner now.


A very large toy box I built for the play room. I started this with something else in mind but made changes to the legs along the way and was glad I did.
A couple of work benches and cabinets were just what the garage needed. Designed and built on-site. You can see more of them behind the toy box above.

I built more cabinets inside, installed some more tile, built a bunch of planter boxes, built some stairs, repaired some plumbing issues, repaired some concrete...then my wife was ready for me to come home. I was out of town for some time for all this. I had a great time visiting for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment