A Home Builder and Woodworker residing in Cameron Park, California

A site showcasing my work from home building, to woodworking, to many other projects. Look around and leave a comment if you feel like doing so, they are appreciated. If you live in Northern California and are looking to have something done along the lines of what you see in the pictures, let me know. I would love to help.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A game of chess?

We all need to take a break from work and have some fun once in a while. One of the ways I like to do it is by playing chess with my sons or daughters. Another way I escape the hustle and bustle is I go out to the garage and tinker or see what I can come up with using left-over wood from other projects. This is what I came up with in an evening. An alder chess set. I don't have a lathe, so square pieces cut with my scroll saw and band saw had to do. It looks pretty good but I say "each piece is like a pearl, not one is just like another".

No comments:

Post a Comment