A Home Builder and Woodworker residing in Cameron Park, California

A site showcasing my work from home building, to woodworking, to many other projects. Look around and leave a comment if you feel like doing so, they are appreciated. If you live in Northern California and are looking to have something done along the lines of what you see in the pictures, let me know. I would love to help.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A rustic set of twin over twin bunk beds for the kids

Homemade beds I made for my little angels...

...and my little men.  I didn't like the metal bunk I had in the boys room or the three different beds for the girls room so I made some relatively inexpensive ones using air-dried Douglas-fir, iron, and a few pieces of hardware.  If there is a nighttime gathering place for story time or night prayers it tends to be in the boys room on the bottom bunk so I allowed room enough for mom and I to sit up and read to the kids without hitting our heads on the top bunk, whereas with the girls, I made it standard height with a few frills and an extra ladder for getting up..

1 comment: