A Home Builder and Woodworker residing in Cameron Park, California

A site showcasing my work from home building, to woodworking, to many other projects. Look around and leave a comment if you feel like doing so, they are appreciated. If you live in Northern California and are looking to have something done along the lines of what you see in the pictures, let me know. I would love to help.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I came to this job through referral. As you can see, this deck was above the garage. I was called in because the existing terracotta-tiled deck was dumping water into the garage every time it rained. There was absolutely no water proofing attempted by the previous contractor. I completely ripped out the deck and found tile set directly on plywood with nothing stopping the water from soaking everything. I completely rebuilt it, poured light weight concrete and acid stained it. Then I went to town building the steps and railing. The stairs now double as a water tight storage area with access from inside the garage.


A little paint, a little stain and voila! Major improvement.
Some extra effort in cutting acorns and post caps and a few little frills make the deck stand apart from the others in the neighborhood. Other things I did for this project were: install whirly birds and skylights to the roof, re-finish some old hard wood floors found under the carpet, a gingerbread screen door, new decks all around, added a porch roof to the back of the home, dug about 60 yards of dirt from under the home and built a motorcycle shop, new garage door opener, new gutters, and a beautiful custom built armoir for the master bedroom, interior paint, tile in the kitchen, laundry and bath, some tree clearing and septic tank/leech field service. I stayed busy hear for quite a while. The jobs kept coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment